Tile sitter job opportunity
Are you interested and ambitious to join or lead experts and highly experienced teams working on new and renovation Projects within our company? We are offering a tile setter position that will allow you to work with your hands as a handyman and at the same time use your gained skills and experiences. As a tile setter, you will need to lay/install tiles or sometimes marbles of various materials into patterns ranging from basic to complex in toilets, bathrooms, balconies, halls, and kitchens. In addition, you may be required to meet our valuable customers and discuss with them about their tiling needs, advise them on the quantity and type of tiles, cut the tiles into the appropriate size at site, and solve any problem related to installation or maintenance. You will also learn the required knowledge for the job within time after joining and being trained well.
- Laying tiles and doing the necessary cutting and shaping of tiles at site.
- Ensure the working area is always clean and leveled. This includes cleaning the excess grout and other undesirable materials.
- Applying the necessary tiling cement and tiling grout using the appropriate techniques during the mixing process and during the application.
- The work can be performed for a new building or for a renovation project. The work could be only tiling or may involve other activities depending on the given task.
- Good communication skills to understand the customer’s need and being able to react with any requested changes.
- Some basic mathematical knowledge to be able to read the drawings accurately is recommended for this job.
Requirements for the successful candidate
- An education of high school diploma or higher.
- Able to handle the stress and pressure created by the job and the customer.
- Relevant work experience in tile and construction industry.
- Dutch driving license (B).
- Speaking Dutch, English or both.
- It is preferred to be familiar with most of the construction tools to be used for this job such as tile and marble cutter, Bandsaw, and Air Compressor.
- Flexibility to work for extra hours or during weekends to accomplish the handled project.
- Ability to work independently within a team.
- If you are in possession of a valid VCA will be an advantage.
- Gross salary ranging from 2500 to 3500 euros depending on your work experience.
- A permanent contract after a definitive period of time.
- Construction pension (Bouwpensioen).
- 25 vacation days, 20 ADV (ArbeidsDuurVerkorting) days, holiday pay and all other conditions from the collective labor agreement for construction and infrastructure.
- Safe working conditions at the working site.
- You will find room for personal development while performing the job at our company.
- Opportunity to grow within our organization depending on your performance and quality of work.